hi there. my name is mallory. i’m a twenty one year old who just finished a four year dramatic arts undergrad. in those four years i have learned a lot about myself and know i want to pursue acting and directing as a career. but over those four years, i’ve gained some weight and lost a lot of physical fitness i had before starting school.
in high school i weighed under 100lbs and did not have the best eating habits. i would go for long stretches without eating, and constantly skipped breakfast. i also was an avid volleyball player. university hit, and the exercise stopped and over the past four years i’ve gained just over 30lbs. some of it was probably good weight, but a lot of it is bad. the eating habits and life of a dramatic art student are everywhere. i’ve spent the past couple years constantly busy with one thing or another and making up excuses.
this summer is where that changes. i’m determined to kick my ass back in gear, lose some weight and get in shape. i’ve spent a lot of time frustrated over numbers, but this summer its all about how i look and how i feel. i just want to feel good in my own skin again.
here’s some fun facts about me:
* i love shakespeare, and directed a gender-blind cast of hamlet this year at school
* i’m incredibly impatient
* jane austen is my favourite author
* i’m a sucker for chick flicks and slightly melodramatic television shows such as gossip girl and vampire diaries
* my favourite musical is the phantom of the opera and i am more or less obsessed
* i hate sweating, so this is another thing that needs to change
* i hate running and walking for that fact, so attempting to run this summer shall be a goal on more than one level
* i like competition, but have zero self-motivation
* i love to read and i love to write. i want to write a novel or two some day.
* i’m an avid green tea drinker